Thursday, October 13, 2011

toffee chocolate chip snickerdoodles.

Sometimes items at the store just kind of... speak to me. Like I'll see donuts and decide I want fish for dinner. You know, normal things. Well, I was walking through Walmart yesterday and I saw these:


And I remembered seeing a recipe that Jessica from How Sweet It Is posted last week that used them. So into the cart they went, along with the 47 cans of spaghettios (okay, 4) for D. He can (and does) eat them every day. I've seen him get up at 9am and eat a can of spaghettios. We need to invest in stock.

Aaannnyyywaayysss.. these cookies turned out super delicious!  D says they are his second favorite that I have made. (Right behind Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies!) So that's a big deal. They're that good.


Plus it was so exciting to use toffee chips! I get excited over silly things. Like looking at produce. And when Criminal Minds/Grey's Anatomy/Modern Family/The Middle/Big Bang Theory are new on the DVR. You know, the important stuff.

I also brought these cookies with me to work. I'm not sure if the people at my work like me because I keep bringing them cookies or hate me because... I keep bringing them cookies. Hey, a cookie a day keeps the doctor away, right? Right.


And just to round out this already random post, let me just tell you that I got two fillings today. Half of my mouth was numb for like 5 hours. THAT was fun. I had all of these snickerdoodles teeming with toffee pieces and mini chocolate chips just sitting on my counter begging me to eat them.... and I couldn't. Well, I COULD.. but I wouldn't have been able to taste it with half of my mouth. And where's the fun in that?

Toffee Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodles
Recipe from How Sweet It Is
makes 16-20 cookies

1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tablespoons milk (I only needed 1 tbs)
1/3 cup chocolate chips (I used mini!)
1/2 cup toffee chips/pieces/bits

for dipping:
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix well to combine. Mix in flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Mix until the dough comes together. Add milk. If the dough is still crumbly, add more milk 1 tbs at a time until the dough comes together. Fold in the chocolate chips and toffee chips. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon to roll the cookies in. Remove dough from fridge. Roll into 1 to 1.5 inch balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on ungreased baking sheet 1-2" apart. Bake 8-10 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment