Sunday, August 28, 2011

new day, new name, new niche!

So yesterday I uploaded a whole bunch of pictures from the past week or so. As you can see, I've been busy baking/cooking/eating. Well, I've also been busy biking. D and I have taken two awesome bike rides this week, and I got some great pictures!




Why didn't I post these pictures yesterday with the slurry of other pictures? Because A) I didn't want to overload you with pictures and B) I wanted them to have a whole post of their own! 



So last night I was reading an article on how to write a successful blog. Lame? Maybe. It said that you have to have a "niche", or something special and specific to your blog that makes people read it. That made me think "why is my blog named Silly Songs with Sara? It really has nothing to do with what I write about." 



I thought about it for a while, and I realized that I needed something to do with food in the title... but there are SO MANY food blogs out there. What makes mine different? And then it hit me: I have tons of awesome pictures on my camera / iphone from bike adventures! Baking and Biking.... hmm it has a nice ring to it.



Fast forward... and here we are now! I changed the name of my blog to "baking & biking". I like it. I also like the new design better. It is easier to look at and not so busy. Another reason that I am including biking in the title is because D LOVES biking. He reads bike blogs, he goes on ridiculous 25 mile rides, and he looks at thousand dollar bikes on-line while trying not to drool. He asks me things like "If we win the lottery, can I buy as many bikes as I want?" Of course you can. As long as I can have an amazing kitchen. 


I'm hoping to fill this blog with all of the trials and tribulations that I have in the kitchen as well as pictures from bike rides that D and I take. D is a MUCH better biker than me, but I'm getting better and I'm surprising myself lately with some of the hills that I am able to get up!



That being said, baking or biking will not be the subject of EVERY SINGLE POST. I don't bake or bike every day! Jeesh! Give a girl a break. But I hope you enjoy whatever does end up on here. :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment