Monday, September 12, 2011

slight variation.

Hey guys!

Remember when I made Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies in July? Well, I made them again. Why? Because D loved them. And everyone at my work loved them. (As in, asked for the recipe) I also have a class full of hungry friends to feed tonight.

Another reason I made them again is because the ingredients are so easy! The only thing I need to pick up that I don't always have on hand is oreos.

So what did I do differently this time? I drizzled peanut butter over the top. Lets just say it was one of my better ideas. :)


It was my first drizzling experience, but I think they turned out pretty! I was honestly just doing the whole "peanut butter drizzle" thing for aesthetic reasons, but holy moly- it adds the perfect little taste of peanut butter.

I am going to make these cookies again in October- for Halloween- with the Halloween Oreos (with the orange filling). I'm excited! (Is that dorky of me?) Ooooh and then in December for Christmas maybe I could use red/green filled oreos! (Do they make those?) Sorry. Cute cookies get me worked up.


Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies with Peanut Butter Drizzle(cookie recipe from How Sweet It Is)
makes about 30 cookies

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips (I used Semi-sweet)
1 cup chopped oreos (I just cut them into small pieces with a sharp knife)

For peanut butter drizzle: 1/4 cup peanut butter

Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined.

Fold in chocolate chips and oreos. Refrigerate dough for 2-4 hours or more. (I refrigerated mine overnight and it was fine!) When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees, roll into balls and set on baking sheet.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. When cookies come out of the oven, remove from baking sheet and put onto a cookie cooling rack with paper towels underneath. Heat peanut butter up in a microwave safe dish until liquidy. Using a fork, drizzle peanut butter over cookies. :)




Soo.. guess what I had for lunch?  A leftover hamburger roll with a piece of cheese and spicy mustard, some pringles, and a pickle. Clearly I spent more time this morning focusing on cookies than I did on making lunch. Priorities, people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment