Friday, April 27, 2012

oven roasted baby red (or yukon gold) potatoes


Over the past few months, I have made these potatoes at least 10 times. They have come out perfect every single time. They are easy too! Not too much prep work, and only 25-30 minutes in the oven. I made these with yukon gold baby potatoes once just to switch it up, and they were just as delicious. So just use whichever potato you prefer! (Or whichever is on sale!)

I have experimented with different spices, but I've found that my favorite combination is salt, pepper, paprika, and Buck's Seasoning. If you haven't tried Buck's, you definitely should. It's delicious on everything from burgers to fish to vegetables to french fries and more.

I didn't know Buck's was a local company (we're talking 20 minutes from where I grew up) until like High School. I can't believe that people who live outside of their distribution radius have never tried it! Man, you're really missing out.

Anyways, if you can't get your hands on Buck's, your favorite all-purpose seasoning would work just fine. D and I are also big fans of Old Bay seasoning.

Like I said, though, make this your own! Add whatever spices and flavors you like best! Garlic lover? Add some garlic powder. The world is your oyster! The following recipe is just my favorite combination of spices.

Oven Roasted Baby Red Potatoes
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
Yields 4 side servings

1.75 pounds baby red potatoes (this is the size bags they have at my local grocery store)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Buck's Seasoning

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Rinse the potatoes and cut each in half.


Place all of the halved potatoes into a bowl. Add the olive oil and toss to coat.


Add the salt, pepper, paprika, and buck's seasoning. Toss to coat evenly.


Arrange potatoes cut side down on a baking sheet that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray.


Bake 25-30 minutes, or until tender and golden brown.


Dip in ketchup and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment