Wednesday, November 9, 2011

three cheese and bean quesadillas.

Remember the other day (okay, over a week ago..) when I made quesadillas at home for the first time? Well.... I'm kind of in love with it. They are so, so, so easy to make!

And don't get me wrong, I love me some PB&J (my parents made homemade grape jelly this year.. lets just say next year, I will be participating... and making sure that I get to take at least 10 jars home with me.), but sometimes a hot, cheesy quesadilla just sounds like heaven. You know?

So I think you should save those extra tortilla shells from Taco night and make quesadillas the next day. I know. I'm full of good ideas.

Now I'm not going to sit here and tell you that this is a "recipe", because it's really not. Just add whatever you want! Cooked chicken, pork, steak, hamburger... anything you have leftover will work! This time, I'm going to show you how to make three cheese and bean quesadillas.

First, spray a large pan (big enough for whatever size quesadillas you have) with cooking spray and turn on the heat to about medium. Put a tortilla in the pan and put your first cheese in!

My first cheese was some swiss that I had leftover from sandwiches:

Then add your next cheese. Mine was some shredded sharp cheese that I had leftover from making Chicken Curry.

And finally, add your last cheese. Mine was some mexican blend that was leftover from Tacos. See a pattern here? Use what you've got!


Next, I added some pinto beans that were leftover from last week when I made chicken quesadillas. I just poured all the extras into a tupperware container and kept them in the fridge. Perfect!


And the last thing that I added was some smooth taco sauce. The only other thing that I would have added if I had some is tomatoes diced up. I love tomatoes!

 

 Let it cook until you lift up the edge (with a spatula!) and see that it is toasty brown and delicious (to your liking). Simply remove it from the pan with a spatula, put it on a big plate, and cut it into 4 pieces! I used a pizza cutter for this. It worked perfectly!



Mmmm. Cheesy beany melty deliciousness. Feel free to dunk in your favorite queso or salsa. :)

Adios friends, happy hump day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment